The Library Media Center consists of three floors with each one dedicated to one media access. The first floor houses the books, information desk, check-out counter, video collection, and the student study areas. The second floor houses the computer lab. The third floor houses the video production lab, sound production lab, and the technology research lab.
Student AHSLMC Procedures
- Students may use the AHSLMC before and after school as well as during their lunch period.
- When not under the guidance of a staff member, students must have a student planner signed by a staff member to utilize the AHSLMC. Students must also sign -in and sign-out at the checkout desk.
- Students are expected to behave in a productive manner while in the AHSLMC: working on homework, researching, using a computer, and reading for pleasure.
- The student code of conduct as stated in the student handbook applies while using the AHSLMC.
- Any disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. (Loud talking, misuse of AHSLMC materials, etc.)
- Food and beverages of any kind are prohibited in the AHSLMC.
- Backpacks, gym bags, book bags are prohibited in the AHSLMC.
- CD players, tape players, radios, headphones, cell phones, and other personal electronic devices are prohibited in the AHSLMC.
- A.H.S.. School issued student ID’s are required to check out all AHSLMC Materials.
- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed.
- Reference materials, magazines, and newspapers circulate for two days.
- Calculators may be checked out overnight.
- Fines are charged for overdue, damaged and lost materials.
- Fines must be paid before student is allowed to check out additional materials.
- Current replacement costs will be charged for lost or damaged materials.
Student Internet Use
- The Acceptable Users Policy Rules And Procedures Agreement must be on file with the F.C.S. Technology Department.
- Student Internet use is to be assignment related or for research.
- E-mail is allowed for homework purposes only. (Must have AHSLMC Staff permission.)
- Chatting, instant messaging, game playing, or downloading is forbidden.